May Newsletter


May is still the month of strawberries and with Mother’s Day celebrated on the 11th May I am introducing a new cake. My Hazelnut Meringue filled with strawberries and cream and topped with chocolate coated strawberries measures 26cm and is sold at €16.00. Watch out for the photo of this cake on my blog over the next week, I hope I’ll manage to take a photo before it’s all eaten next time I’ll make it!

Don’t forget to visit Kelina’s Jam stand this weekend 3rd & 4th May, at the San Anton Garden’s Spring fair. For more info on the jams email kelinafenech@hotmail.com

Have a look at the full list of cakes on my blogspot. You can now also find weekly recipes on the blog. Leave your comments or start a discussion about any particular dish that you would like to cook or need some tips on preparing!

Watch out for some recipe you can prepare with your children, out tomorrow in the E&D magazine distributed with The Times on Saturday 3rd May.Also, look out for some super quick entertaining ideas in the Best Buy Supplement out with The Times on Wednesday 14th May


Did you know? – Popcorn

  • Popcorn 'pops' because, upon heating, the starch in certain maize kernels expands and bursts through the outer skin.
  • Archaeologists discovered corncobs and kernels in New Mexico which had been popped over 2000 years ago; although, as yet, no evidence of early cinemas has been found.Recipes



    Feeling adventurous this week, why not try making some Banana Ice-cream or a quick Noodle Stir-fry. For more recipes view my blog or www.di-ve.com

    Should you like to contact me, please do so on concita@demicoli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!