April Newsletter






I hope you had a lovely Easter and possibly also had some time to relax! This month with the lovely sweet local strawberries in season I am introducing the Strawberry flan back on the menu.



Have a look at my full list of cake if you are after something different.




As you might have noticed, I am now having a weekly recipe on this page and hopefully in the months to come I will also have different discussions going about different dishes.






In the meantime, you may leave your comments or start your own discussion here on any particular dish that you would like to cook or need some tips on preparing!



More recipes this month in the Best Buy Supplement out with The Times on Wednesday 10th April. This issue is filled with recipes using seasonal vegetables.


As I do every month, here is the curiosity section that I know most of you enjoy reading!

Did you know? – Berries




  • The strawberry probably got its name originally from the Anglo-Saxon word streawberige, which means “spreading berry.”


  • Most raspberries are red, but some varieties are white, yellow, or black. Raspberries may have been named after a 16th century French wine called raspis, they used to be called hindberries.


  • Blackberry juice was used to dye cloth navy blue and indigo.


  • The gooseberry is called the “mackeral currant” in French because gooseberry sauce is served with mackerel, a type of fishRecipes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!